My Blog List

Friday 20 February 2015

Dinosaurs...and more dinosaurs

Sorry picture is not as clear as I would have liked.

"Dinosaurs" lap quilt is done!

I was collecting pieces of fabric while on a road tip, on route to a retreat with the girls, when I found this fabric in Penticton, BC (http://quiltparlour.com) and fell in love with the "dinosaurs' on it....

this was just the beginning...

next I purchased some "solid" fabrics at the next store in Summerland, BC (http://www.cherrytreequilts.ca/) and off to the retreat we went.

When I got to the retreat, i just let the fabrics "speak to me," and started to create.

black fabric solid - yes black - it just needed that foundation / separation of color so thank goodness the retreat was in a fabric store! Yup, that's right in Armstrong, BC (http://www.pleasantvalleyquilting.com).

Let me just say that was the BEST, BEST place to have a retreat!!!!  Yes, I am "yelling" BEST BEST BEST - a full line of fabulous fabrics at your disposal.  If you don't have it Klia does!  She was an awesome host!

I got the top finished at the retreat, (along with some UFO's finished). All in all it was a marvelous retreat.
Okay, back on topic, everyone loves dinosaurs, right!  Well, I do!

I wanted to use the main dinosaur print as my main focus, and added to it....so here it is.

I have been teaching myself how to do free motion quilting on my Janome 7700 domestic machine, which can be challenging and requires lots, and lots, and did I say lots of practicing.


Sorry pictures are not the best...now need a new camera.


I tried to create egg pods, waves, and circles (pebbles), okay these do take some practicing, which I will continue to do.


I did a simple, my version of a soft cross hatch type design on the dinosaurs center fabric, and tried a variety of patterns on the various rows...hopefully you can see what i was trying to accomplish.

Hope you like it
Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment