My Blog List

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Needle Book

Okay, let's face it, I'm late, very late on the FVMQG - Needle Book Swap.

Boo Hoo as I could not participate because I was away, but I did get the needle book finished on time!

But was unable to get it handed in, as I had an opportunity to go out of town in our motorhome for 2 months.

Sorry ladies need I say more.  I was packed and ready to go in a flash.  Yup in about 10 minutes I was ready, willing and able to go, and had my sewing machine packed with me to finish other "UFO's."

I am sure the "Needle Book" swap was awesome, and I look forward to hearing about it when I return.  I am sure there were some awesome needle books swapped.

Here is the one I made, but did not get swapped, so maybe I'll give it in as a "door prize" or something fun like this.

I make it like a wallet and filled it with pages made of wool.  I like wool, it is the first time I have worked with wool.  Fabulous colors are available. 



A little accessory "needle" I found in my travels.

This is an awesome buttom made by the "button lady" on Pender Island. They are made from Ceramic. It went so well with the colors of wool pages in the book. Check out the wonderful buttons Wendy makes at  buttonladysgallery.com

Ah yes...the little thimble and needle threader too!


2 comments:

  1. This is very cute! Wool is nice to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that needle book! Love the extra little details you put into it too! Janelle

    ReplyDelete